View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Primary Feeder For Bsfl 

Post Primary Feeder For Bsfl
So I've been trying to culture Bsf's for my Bearded dragon but I can't really find what I can feed them primarily, I've tried Chicken feed but they've not eaten it, the only thing I can really find that they are eating is vegetable scraps which I do feed them but is there something that is a primary food source for them instead of just giving them scraps, like something they can burrow in.

I'm new to this forum so sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

Edit: I've seen people using coffee grains but is there something an alternative? (also I'm not sure if I should be feeding my Beardie Bsfl's fattened up on Coffee. She might become a hypo)

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:48 pm
Profile Send private message
Global Moderator

Post Re: Primary Feeder For Bsfl
Welcome to our forum :) If you'd like you can introduce yourself here (link).

I've heard of chicken feed being used but the special variety for laying hens. I have a small indoor bin and feed mostly vegetable/fruit scraps like you. I have also used dry dog food pellets as a backup when no scraps are available.

I Believe The Black Soldier Fly Has The Potential To Be A Beneficial Insect Second Only To Pollinating Bees

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:02 pm
Profile Send private message WWW

Post Re: Primary Feeder For Bsfl
BorealWormer wrote:
Welcome to our forum :) If you'd like you can introduce yourself here (link).

I've heard of chicken feed being used but the special variety for laying hens. I have a small indoor bin and feed mostly vegetable/fruit scraps like you. I have also used dry dog food pellets as a backup when no scraps are available.

Haha, I just went to the fruit shop (before I saw this post) and saw that type of chicken feed and bought it! I will see if they eat it once I get some more, most of mine have died and now I have ants, spiders, and stink bugs getting in even though I've sealed everything¯\_(ツ)_/¯, planing on making a stand for it and putting it in a giant water dish to stop them getting in.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:58 pm
Profile Send private message
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]