View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Post new member
Hello folks, I came across this forum, have been lurking for a couple of days and just registered today.

Currently living in south-west Ontario which for you americans is like half-way betweern Buffalo NY and Detroit MI.

I have known about BSFL for many years, always had it in a back of my mind as a project I must try. I'm big into sustainability and the idea of being able to turn garbage into animal food, thereby positively impacting in two significant environmental areas, strongly resonates with me. I have friends who have backyard chickens and so I'm sure they could put the larvae to good use, and they would eventually help me set up some chickens in my backyard. And some day I would LOVE to grow fish and veggies in an aquaponic system! I even made a test system a few years ago, with just a couple of betta fish and a trickling bio-filter, wow those fish lived for like 2+ years without a water change.

But where am I going to get food for this future fish and chickens? Oh right, enter BSFL :)

So that's why I'm here, see you on the forum!

Alim.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:54 pm
Profile Send private message
Global Moderator

Post Re: new member
Alim welcome from a fellow canuck :) Looking forward to hearing more about your project.

I Believe The Black Soldier Fly Has The Potential To Be A Beneficial Insect Second Only To Pollinating Bees

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:09 pm
Profile Send private message WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]