View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Grubbly Farms 

Post Grubbly Farms
http://grubblyfarms.com/

Two Georgia Tech grads based in Atlanta. They appear to be doing indoor breeding under artifical conditions as well as mass-scale composting. Could be a potential egg source for those wanting to get started?

See below for cool pizza video.

Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:55 am
Profile Send private message
Global Moderator

Post Re: Grubbly Farms
Let them eat bugs: US startup sees future of sustainable food in creepy crawlies
from theguardian.com (link)

"Grubbly Farms is raising black soldier flies as a substitute for wild-caught fish in food for livestock and farmed seafood"

I Believe The Black Soldier Fly Has The Potential To Be A Beneficial Insect Second Only To Pollinating Bees

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:14 pm
Profile Send private message WWW
Global Moderator

In An Atlanta Warehouse, Grubbly Is Building A Giant Bug-Growing Machine
https://www.fastcoexist.com/3064006/in- ... ng-machine

I Believe The Black Soldier Fly Has The Potential To Be A Beneficial Insect Second Only To Pollinating Bees

Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:02 am

Anyone have an idea on the details of the operations being carried out by GrubblyFarms?
I'm developing an entrepreneurial project in my locality which is focused on processing large amounts of organic urban residue by using BSF, and I'm at the stage where the main priority is mapping out the whole process, from logistics of transporting waste to the actual layout/machinery/systems required to run the operation efficiently and sustainably.
I'm aware there are a few threads in which people have theorized over the systems being used in commercial facilities but still, a lot of details and information are missing and the other challenging factor is that everyone in the industry seems to be really close minded in sharing knowledge or experience (when it comes to commercial scale operations).
This forum, like many other online forums, I feel is different and members here are willing to generously share information and knowledge freely - which is something I greatly appreciate.
BW, if you can link any threads that you know in which commercial systems are discussed, I'd appreciate the info and I'd like to thank you beforehand for the valuable contributions you give to this site.
Cheers!

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:17 pm

That's a great video by the way of them eating the pizza.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:00 am
Global Moderator

Beaver welcome to our forum :) If you'd like you can introduce yourself here (link).

Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]